Wednesday, June 17, 2009

An Update

This blog is quite... neglected by myself. But over the next few weeks, when I don't have a hectic schedule, I will be putting up various bits of my work in true blogging style. A collection of my works.

Creative Collision, my little project in another site, is coming into form. But what it really needs is the initial launch and then is the time to see where it flows. Hopefully I'll get a few more followers/subscribers, its so encouraging seeing support before there's even anything on the site!

Soon I will be exhibiting (a small modest half panel) at the Bruce Mason Centre. I'm very excited! However, the work that I need to put into it even for that small space is a little overwhelming. It really is a publicity thing - to get your name out there, or to catch someones artful eye. This is how some artists think and work.

As for myself, if there is interest I shall respond, but really, the joy is in the expression of painting itself. As I do not study art, I do not have dedicated reams of time going into it. It has taken the spot of a favourite hobby. The most advantageous thing about exhibiting in these limited space group events is that it keeps me at it and motivates me with a goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment