Friday, June 26, 2009

Mediterranean Coast

This painting has deviated from my usual style in two ways. Firstly, it is done in oil paints while I usually never touch the stuff (I had learned to use them however, so I wasn't working blind to the world of oils). Secondly, I usually don't paint with realistic colours, rather I usually opt for the nearly monochromatic palette for abstracted atmosphere.

Why did I break all my stylistic rules?

This was a gift to my sister, who has a strong sense of confusion with anything abstracted more than an impressionistic style. So we were walking down a gallery one day and we saw a painting similar to this one. She instantly took a liking to it and I also wanted to try out a different way of painting. To say the least, it was hard as my every movement bent toward the "freeness" that I obtain in my own style of expression. And I lacked painting medium for oils.

This was a fairly sized boxed canvas oil painting, and it went safely to my sister's home where it now sits somewhere on display.

No comments:

Post a Comment