Saturday, June 20, 2009

Google Painting

Today I helped a friend paint something on a small canvas. It actually turned out pretty nice. I might explore this a bit more in the future, a sort of pop art inspired appropriation of corporate logos. It speaks.



The Google logo was a instant catch for my friend and I when we were searching for inspiration. Its taken over so many part of our life... maps, satellite imaging, the mighty search engine war... it has even become a part of common language ("just Google it") So this is like my homage to Google, I do believe it has made my life easier, Google images and books are permanent fixtures in the way I work.



I really don't think this one brings all that to the table. It's not that well painted either but its definitely the start of something.

No comments:

Post a Comment